banner

Local Headlines

New Fairfield Firefighters responding to a carbon monoxide alarm over the weekend found very high levels of the deadly gas inside a home on Coves End, off Candlewood Isle.  An ambulance also responded to the home early Saturday.  Firefighters determined the CO came from a faulty gas water heater.  All occupants where evacuated and checked over by EMS for any symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.  Firefighters continued ventilating and metering to bring levels back to normal.  Firefighters took the young children to sit inside firetruck to keep warm.  New Fairfield firefighters are reminding residents to make sure that detectors are working properly and that fresh batteries have been installed.

On Air Now
Todd Schnitt
Local Headlines