Some stars of Danbury are putting on their dancing shoes tonight for a fundraiser benefiting Danbury Youth Services. The Dancing with the Stars event is being held at The Palace Danbury. Among the featured dancers are City Center executive director Andrea Gartner, State Representative David Arconti and Danbury Elderly Services Director Susan Tomanio.
Danbury Youth Services Co-chair Sherry Creighton says the money raised tonight will go toward DYS programming. DYS programming includes counseling for children and families, afterschool programs, mentoring programs, earn a bike program and others. Creighton says the event is a partnership with A Common Ground Community Arts Center and Arthur Murray.
The event is from 6:30 to 10:30 pm. Tickets are$75.00, which includes Appetizers and Drinks. Votes are $10.00 each.
This year's "Dancing with the Stars" event features the following "Stars" and "Dancers":
- Andrea Gartner, City Center executive director, dancing with Andy Cabell from Arthur Murray;
- David Arconti, state representative for Danbury, dancing with Elizabeth Cotter;
- Dinilio Jimenez, DYS board member, dancing with Tara Aston from Arthur Murray;
- Dana Perez, Danbury Westside Middle School counselor, dancing with Jill Hancock from A Common Ground;
- Jack Deep, owner and manager of Deep's Hardware, dancing with Jen Spagnolo Danise from A Common Ground;
- and Susan Tomanio, executive director Elderly Services at City of Danbury, dancing with Mike Rodrigues from Arthur Murray.
Judges include Deputy Superintendent of Schools Dr. Bill Glass and Danbury First Lady Phyllis Boughton