Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!

banner

Local Headlines

Monroe Fire: Pets saved from blaze at unoccupied home

Monroe firefighters have saved family pets from a blaze at an unoccupied home.  A fire broke out around 4:30 yesterday afternoon at a house on Percheron Drive in the Stevenson section of Monroe. 

 

Neighbors saw smoke coming from the house.

 

About two dozen volunteer firefighters were able to extinguish the fire in about half an hour.  There were no fire hydrants, so tanker trucks from surrounding towns also responded, but were not needed.  Fire officials say some firefighters were treated at the scene for minor heat related conditions. 

 

The Monroe Fire Marshal's office says discarded smoking materials caused the fire.

On Air Now

Todd Schnitt

Local Headlines