Five complimentary workshops are being offered tonight by Ridley-Lowell Business & Technical Institute in Danbury.
The school is offering the workshops from 6pm to 7pm to introduce the public to several in-demand careers, especially in esthetics, information technology and electrical work, as well as to provide information to students on how to study for a test. Campus tours and an open house about hot careers in Connecticut will be held from 4 to 8 pm.
Admissions Representative Andrew Wetmore says that the workshops are being offered as a community service.
The hour-long workshops include:
• Make Your Own Facial Scrub – learn how to make your own facial scrub from easy-to-find natural ingredients,
• Reflexology – The art of applying pressure to the foot for pain reduction and overall good health,
• Computer Backup and Recovery – Learn how to back up your computer and recover lost information,
• General Study Skills – studying for tests is a skill that can be learned,
• Electrical Fire Safety – you’re a do-it-yourselfers can brush up on the basics of fire safety,
To attend a workshop, call 203-797-0551.