The Plumtrees School Association and the Bethel Historical Society is celebrating the 150th anniversary of the schoolhouse on Sunday. The event from noon to 2pm is being held at the schoolhouse, located on the corner of Taylor Road and Plumtrees. Patrick Wild, Bethel's Town Historian will give a presentation, historic games will be played and there will be craft projects available. The Plumtrees Schoolhouse, built in 1867, is on land donated by Eliza Benedict. As a one-room schoolhouse, it housed students from grades 1 through 7. During this time, Bethel had five school districts each with its own schoolhouse. The Plumtrees Schoolhouse served Bethel from 1867-1970. At its closing, it was the last operating one-room schoolhouse in America.