Brookfield firefighters responded to a report of a dishwasher fire this morning. Units were dispatched to an Allen Road home shortly after 5am. Flames were creeping up the counter top . All occupants evacuated the house safely. A fire extinguisher was used to put out the blaze. Smoke was ventilated from the house. The dishwasher was disconnected and removed from the house by firefighters. The Brookfield Fire Marshal's Office is investigating. Three residents were evaluated for smoke inhalation, but all refused transport to the hospital. The Brookfield Volunteer Fire Company is reminding all residents to check smoke alarms.