Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!


Local Headlines

Danbury Hospital offers fireworks safety tips

Danbury Hospital has shared some tips and reminders from The National Council on Fireworks Safety.  One tip is not to bring your pets to a fireworks display.  If fireworks are being used near your home, put your pet in a safe, interior room to avoid exposure to the sound.  The Council is reminding pet owners to make sure furry friends have an identification tag, in case they run off during the holiday.
The Council says people should not carry fireworks in your pocket or shoot them into metal or glass containers.  People are being encouraged not to experiment with homemade fireworks.  Spent sparklers and fountains should be disposed of by wetting them down and placed in a metal trash can, away from any building or combustible material.
A dud firework should never be relit.  You should wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water.  Another safety tip being offered is to have that bucket of water nearby and garden water hose ready.

On Air Now

Red Eye Radio

Local Headlines