Local Headlines

With the cold temperatures returning to the area, the Sherman Volunteer Fire Department is reminding residents to be extremely careful with alternative heat sources. 

Fireplace ashes must be disposed of properly. Ashes from a fireplace used the night before may have hot coals buried inside, which are capable of igniting a fire. 

Redding firefighters are urging people to use extreme caution when using space heaters because of the enormous electrical power needed to run them.  If you must use electric space heaters, plug them directly into a wall outlet. Always avoid using power strip outlets for high electrical drawing appliances like heaters, appliances and hair dryers.

The area immediately surrounding the heater must be free of combustibles.

On Air Now
Todd Schnitt
Local Headlines