Local Headlines

There were two fires over the weekend, both quickly extinguished.  Danbury firefighters responded to a home on Quien Street off Pleasant Street near Park Ave Saturday night.  A resident reported an attic fire around 9:30pm.  Flames and smoke were seen coming out of a window when firefighters arrived. 

A propane cylinder was involved in the fire, venting from the pressure relief valve. Crews brought the propane cylinder outside to a safe location where is could be better secured.  Fire officials reminded residents that propane tanks should never be used or stored in living areas. They should only be used in an area outdoors and well ventilated.  Propane cylinders should be safely stored in an outside secure location such as a tool shed.

No injuries were reported and the fire marshal is now investigating. 

In New Milford, firefighters responded to an Old Town Park Road home Friday night.  A fire was reported in the garage and quickly extinguished.

On Air Now
Dave Ramsey
Videos
Local Headlines