Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!


Local Headlines

Appliance cord suspected of igniting cardboard box in Bethel Middle School fire

Bethel Middle School reopened today, a day after because closed due to a weekend fire in a custodial storage room.  District officials say they next have to figure out when the last day of class will be for middle schoolers.  The decision will be made within the week. 

The Fire Inspector determined that a cord to an appliance may have overheated, igniting a cardboard box. The sprinkler system was activated, which kept the damage to a minimum.  The flames and water damaged two electrical panels, which are being repaired. 

School officials thanked  volunteer firefighters and the Fire Marshall for their quick responses.