Local Headlines

New Fairfield Volunteer Fire Department responded to a possible kitchen fire Saturday afternoon on Prineston Lane.  Homeowners quickly put the flames out with extinguisher that was nearby and called 911 to have firefighters double check that it was out. The cause of the fire was a candle on a cooktop stove that was turned on to help even out wax inside the glass jar. The glass broke and caused a large flame. Firefighters vented smoke from the home.  Fire officials say the residents will be busy cleaning up extinguisher powder for a while and urged others to be careful with candles this holiday season.

On Air Now
Dave Rinelli
Videos
Local Headlines
Error: Embedded data could not be displayed.