Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!

banner

Local Headlines

Candle left burning unattended at Brookfield house blamed for smoke damage

A candle left burning at a Brookfield house while the occupants were not home is being blamed for setting off fire alarms yesterday afternoon.  Brookfield Volunteer Fire Company was dispatched to an activated fire alarm in a single family home and members found an odor of burning upon arrival.  An investigation revealed the damage.  Brookfield fire officials say this was as close as it could get to having a fire in the home as there was smoke damage throughout the first floor.  Firefighters are reminding people that candles can be dangerous and discourages their use. They should never be left unattended and should always be in containers away from combustibles.