Local Headlines

Brookfield Volunteer Fire Company responded to a report of a brush fire yesterday morning  on Music Hill Road.  Firefighters says the blaze  was contained to a 20 by 80 foot area.  It was caused by improperly discarded fire place ashes. Firefighters extinguished the fire within 30 minutes.  Fire Company officials are reminding everyone to exercise caution when disposing of fireplace or wood stove ashes as they will retain heat for up to a week.  Yesterday the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection had rated the fire danger as high.  That means outdoor burning, even with a permit, is not allowed.

On Air Now
Dave Ramsey
Videos
Local Headlines