Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!

banner

Local Headlines

Sherman firefighters caution against leaving cooking unattended

This is National Fire Prevention week and the theme is Serve Up Fire Safety in the Kitchen.   Sherman Volunteer Fire Department says cooking is the number 1 cause of home fires and home fire injuries. Unattended cooking is the leading cause of fires in the kitchen.  Sherman firefighters urged everyone to stay attentive when working in the kitchen so the sound of the smoke detector isn't the thing that jogs your memory that there was something on the stove. Smoke and Carbon Monoxide detectors have details on the label that indicate when they were manufactured and when they should be replaced.   Many of them will start to make warning chirps when that time has passed.  It's a sound similar to when the battery needs to be replaced but putting in new batteries won't make the chirping stop.

On Air Now

Rich Valdes

Local Headlines