Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!

banner

Local Headlines

Bethel firefighters extinguish chimney fire

Emergency responders in Bethel are reminding residents to clean their chimneys before the first use of the winter season.  The fire companies in town recently responded to a chimney fire, which was controlled and contained.  Stony Hill Volunteer Fire Company says chimneys should be cleaned and inspected annually by a licensed chimney sweep. Built up creosote on the chimney liner can catch fire and even spread to the inside the home.  A large amount of creosote was removed from the interior of the homeowners chimney.  Bethel Fire & EMS added that only dry seasoned wood should be burned.

On Air Now

Todd Schnitt

Local Headlines