Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!


Local Headlines

Unattended candles ignites wood table, wall

An unattended candle caused a fire in Ridgefield early yesterday morning.  Firefighters responded to a home around 6:30am and found the house filled with smoke.  The candle had been lit late the night before and left unattended.  The candle burned through to the wood table below and ignited it.  The flames then spread up a nearby wall.  The smoke detectors in the residence awoke the occupants who were sleeping in the 2nd floor bedrooms.  No injuries were reported.  Ridgefield Firefighters asked that residents use caution with candles for decorations this holiday season.  They should never be left unattended, not burned near anything that might catch fire, and kept out of the reach of children and pets.

On Air Now

The Money Pit

Local Headlines