Local Headlines

The state Chief Medical Examiner has identified the man who died in a barn fire in the town of Washington last month.  Officials say 58-year old Gene A. Tompkins died of smoke inhalation and ruled his death accidental.  His body was found inside a burning barn on Blackville Road February 27th.  The barn was a converted living space.  The Washington Fire Marshal’s Office and Connecticut State Police Fire & Explosion Investigation Unit determined that the fire had originated inside the barn, but could not identify the ignition source.  There was no indication that the fire was intentionally set or was criminal in nature.

On Air Now
Hollywood 360
Local Headlines