Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!


Local Headlines

Southbury resident puts out wood stove fire with extinguisher

A Southbury resident called 911 Tuesday night to report that flames shot out of the stove pipe of their wood stove.  Firefighters responded to Chain Trail for the chimney fire, which the homeowner extinguished using their dry chem fire extinguisher.  Arriving units found heavy charring around the stove pipe and thoroughly wet it down.  With the amount of damage crews found, Southbury fire officials say there's little doubt the fire would have been much worse had it not been for the preparation of the home owners.

On Air Now

Red Eye Radio

Local Headlines