Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!

banner

Local Headlines

Dogs rescued from Ridgefield house fire, rescued pigeon dies

No people were injured in a Ridgefield house fire, but a pet pigeon died.  Firefighters responded to North Salem Road Friday morning on a report from a neighbor about smoke coming from the house next door.  Firefighters extinguished the kitchen fire and searched the home because it was unclear if anyone was there at the time.  Several dogs were unresponsive, trapped inside the smoke-filled house, and pulled to safety. They were given oxygen and taken to a nearby animal hospital for further treatment.  Three of the five dogs suffered carbon monoxide poisoning but were released.  The other two remain in an intensive care unit.  Structural damage was limited to the kitchen, but the home needs to be restored to a livable condition. The fire marshal’s office is investigating the cause of the blaze.

On Air Now

Todd Schnitt

Local Headlines