Local Headlines

A work van on fire in a Monroe driveway was quickly extinguished yesterday.  Monroe Volunteer Fire Department says the van was very close to the Lynn Drive house.  The van fire had extended to part of the exterior of the home and attached garage area, but they were able to extinguish the flames before they got into the house. The homeowner was able to help tamp down the blaze while firefighters were enroute, which limited the damage. The cause was accidental in nature.  Stevenson and Stepney Fire Departments also responded.  There were no injuries but firefighters operated for about an hour in high temperatures.  Shelton Fire Department covered the town and responded to a separate fire alarm during this incident.  Monroe Police and EMS assisted on scene.

On Air Now
Jim Bohannon
Local Headlines