Local Headlines

The Danbury Health Department is making an option available for people who lose their vaccine cards, and need proof of inoculation status.  Vaccine record requests have been growing as employers require workers to get the shot. 

Health Director Kara Prunty says anyone who received a vaccine in Connecticut and needs a replacement card can log onto a state website to receive an electronic version of the card.  Residents can also call the City of Danbury Department of Health & Human Services request a replacement card.  Those can then be mailed to the patient's address, or picked up at City Hall. 

The state’s immunization database, CT WiZ, can be accessed online with name, date of birth, gender and the email address or phone number used at the time of the vaccination appointment.

The health care provider who administered the vaccine, such as a pharmacy or health center, will have the record,  But people can also log back into the VAMS portal, federal Vaccine Administration Management System, and click a link for a copy of their certificate. 

On Air Now
Markley van Camp Robbins
Local Headlines