Nuvance Health’s hospitals have received American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Get with the Guidelines quality awards for stroke services. The recognitions demonstrate each hospital’s commitment to ensuring stroke patients receive the most appropriate treatment according to nationally recognized, research-based guidelines.
Stroke is a leading cause of death in the United States and is a major cause of serious disability for adults.
Danbury Hospital was recognized for performance of 12 consecutive months while Putnam Hospital was recognized 24 consecutive months or more. In addition to achieving GWTG stroke care standards, VBMC, Norwalk Hospital, Danbury Hospital and Sharon Hospital have earned Primary Stroke Center certifications from the Joint Commission.
Varying levels and types of GWTG recognitions depend on the time period being evaluated and capabilities available at each hospital:
· Bronze recognizes performance of 90 consecutive days.
· Silver recognizes performance of 12 consecutive months.
· Gold recognizes performance of 24 consecutive months or more.
· Vassar Brothers Medical Center (VBMC): GWTG Stroke Gold Plus with Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll
· Putnam Hospital: GWTG Stroke Gold Plus
· Northern Dutchess Hospital: GWTG Stroke Silver Plus
· Norwalk Hospital: GWTG Stroke Gold Plus with Target: Stroke Honor Roll Elite
· Danbury Hospital: GWTG Stroke Silver Plus
· Sharon Hospital: GWTG Stroke Silver Plus