The public comment period has opened on the City of Danbury's plan to distribute Community Development Block Grants. A plan is required to be submitted to the Department of Housing and Urban Development each year to identify and prioritize its community development needs and resources and provide information on the activities that will be funded by HUD's annual allocation of CDBG dollars.
One public hearing has been held on the plan and the next is scheduled for February 8th at 7pm in Danbury City Hall Conference Room 3C.
An overview of the City's Five-Year Consolidated Plan will be presented highlighting the activities that are proposed as priority needs for CDBG funding for the 2021 Program period. This will be followed by a presentation of proposed funding activities for the 2021 CDBG program year, from August 1, 2021 to July 31, 2022. Masks will be required and social distancing will be observed.
The 30-day comment period for public input/comment is open through February 8th at firstname.lastname@example.org, or mailed to: David St.Hilaire, Director of Finance, 155 Deer Hill Ave, Danbury, CT 06810. All comments received will be summarized with responses in the final submission to HUD.
Total funding available for 2021 CDBG projects is $664,859.
Proposed activities for 2021 include the following:
1) ARC homeless case management/referral - $18,000
2) LEAD financial literacy and skills building program - $10,000
3) Danbury Youth Services truancy case management - $10,000
4) TBICO case management for families at risk of homelessness - $10,000
5) United Way of Western CT enrichment program for children in eligible families - $10,000
6) Amos House security improvements at Rocky Glen Road $12,000
7) Danbury War Memorial ADA improvements at emergency shelter - $71,000
8) Apex Community Care group residence renovations - $28,500
9) City of Danbury Department of Engineering public facilities and infrastructure activities to be identified - $270,359
10) General Administration - $100,000
11) Section 108 loan repayment - $125,000