Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!


Local Headlines

Propane tank fire extinguished in Mahopac

Mahopac Volunteer Fire Department responded to a Harbor Lane home on Sunday afternoon on a report of a propane tank fire.  Firefighters found a 20 pound cylinder with flames, which were extinguished, but it was leaking gas.  The Putnam County Hazmat team was called in and able to secure part of the leak.  Another was unable to be secured.  They were able to mitigate the problem with a controlled release in an open field.  Fire Department officials say with this being the time of year when grills are used frequently, residents are urged to make sure to secure the connections and keep the tanks out of direct sunlight when not in use.

On Air Now

Markley van Camp Robbins

Local Headlines