The Swift House Task Force is looking for Kent resident feedback to guide them in making recommendations back to the Board of Selectmen as to the future of the Swift House, located next to the Veteran's Memorial. The survey timeframe has been extended. The Swift family came to Kent in 1743. By the early 1970s, the Swift House was in sad shape. The Town acquired it, and created a fund for restoration, much of which was complete in 1977. Kent Historical Society, the Kent Informal Club and other civic groups use it as a gathering place.