Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!


Local Headlines

Dishwasher sparks fire in Bethel home

Stony Hill Volunteer Fire Company responded to a kitchen fire shortly before midnight Monday night.  The on Apple Tree Road residents were alerted by a beeping smoke alarm while they were asleep.  The house was filled with smoke from a small fire in a kitchen appliance.  The fire was held to the dishwasher itself causing minor damage to the kitchen area.  The residents evacuated the home and no injuries were reported. Stony Hill Volunteer Fire Company says this serves as a reminder that working smoke detectors save lives. Anyone who hasn't changed smoke detector batteries yet, is encouraged to do so.  Residents are also urged to check the manufacture date on the backside of the detector. The National Fire Protection Association recommends all detectors be replaced after 10 years.

On Air Now

Armstrong & Getty

Local Headlines