HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) The prosecutor leading the investigation into the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre is asking a Connecticut court to stay an order by the Freedom of Information Commission to release 911 tapes from last year's shooting. The FOI commission last month ruled in favor of The Associated Press, which sought access to the recordings.
Two relatives of victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre are telling members of a Connecticut panel they don't want the 911 tapes from that day released to the public.
Bill Sherlach, whose wife, Mary, was killed on Dec. 14, said Wednesday that no one needs to hear the sounds from that day. He said there could be a compromise, such as providing a written transcription.
The task force is reviewing ideas for balancing public disclosure with victim privacy rights.
The state's Freedom of Information Commission recently ruled in favor of a request made by The Associated Press to release of the 911 recordings, but a prosecutor has said the ruling will be appealed.
Nicole Hockley, whose son, Dylan, was killed, is also worried about crime scene photos being released, fearing that "misguided people" might try to use the photos to promote political or other agendas.