Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!


Local Headlines

Home heating safety reminders from Fire Department

With bitter cold temperatures sticking around, the Danbury Fire Department is offering some reminders to homeowners as they try to keep warm.  Spokesman Steve Rogers says you should keep anything that can burn at least three feet from any heat source like fireplaces, wood stoves, radiators, or space heaters.


Residents are being urged to keep fire extinguishers in the kitchen, laundry room, and garage.  They can fight fires caused by paper, wood, cloth, flammable liquids, and electrical short circuits.


Heating equipment is involved in one of every six reported home fires and one in every five home fire deaths.  Danbury Fire Department spokesman Steve Rogers says a little common sense goes a long way toward safety.


Residents are urged to have a qualified professional clean and inspect chimneys and dryer or stove vents every year.  If you use a fireplace, store cooled ashes in a tightly covered metal container, and keep it outside at least 10 feet from your home and any nearby buildings.

On Air Now

Rich Valdes

Local Headlines