Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!


Local Headlines

Firefighters issue reminders about fireplace ashes after disaster averted

Discarded fireplace ashes are being blamed for setting a large shrub on fire right next to a  Monroe home yesterday.  A passing highway department worker spotted the blaze right next to a Wheeler Road home. The owner doused the flames with a garden hose before the fire could spread.  Monroe Volunteer Fire Department is reminding people that ashes can stay hot for several days.  They should not be disposed of in a bag, cardboard box, plastic container or plastic trash can.  Ashes should be disposed of in a metal container, douse with water, covered with a metal lid, and placed at least 10 ft away from the house, deck, wood pile, and other combustibles. 

On Air Now

Dave Rinelli

Local Headlines