Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!

banner

Local Headlines

Easton firefighters remind residents to clear vents to prevent CO poisoning

The Easton Volunteer Fire Department is reminding people to keep vents from dryers and the like on the outside of your home clear of snow and debris.  Firefighters say this could prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. 

 

The symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning are similar to the flu.  Depending on the amount of carbon monoxide in the air and length of exposure, symptoms may include headaches, weakness, confusion, chest tightness, skin redness, dizziness, nausea, sleepiness, fluttering of the heart or loss of muscle control. If you suspect carbon monoxide is present in your home, go outside immediately and breathe deeply; then call 911.

 

Kent Volunteer Fire Department is offering some safety tips as the frigid temperatures continue to linger.  They asked that residents pay attention when using portable heaters, always use the manufacturer's recommendations for placement and use and keep curtains at least 3 feet from heaters.

On Air Now

Armstrong & Getty

Local Headlines