Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!


Local Headlines

Monroe firefighters offer fireplace safety reminders

Monroe Volunteer Fire Department is offering some reminders about fireplace safety.  Firefighters say devastation can result from improperly disposing of fireplace or wood stove ashes.  Residents should allow ashes to cool before disposing, and note that ashes can stay hot for several days.  They should not be dispose of in a bag, cardboard box, plastic container or plastic trash can--only in a metal container, doused with water, and covered with a metal lid.  That metal container should be placed outside, at least 10 feet away from the house, deck, wood pile, and other combustibles.  High winds could blow the ashes out of the container when placed outside so it must remain covered.

On Air Now

Dave Rinelli

Local Headlines