Local Headlines

NEWTOWN, Conn. (AP) — Investigators are trying to figure out what led a bright but painfully awkward 20-year-old to slaughter 26 children and adults at a Connecticut elementary school.

 

A medical examiner says the victims were killed by multiple rifle shots, some of them up close. Dr. H. Wayne Carver said at a news conference Saturday he believes "everybody was hit more than once."

 

Friday's massacre has elicited horror and soul-searching around the world.

 

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy says the "innocent little boys and girls" were "taken from their families far too soon."

 

Investigators have questioned the gunman's older brother, who's not believed to have been involved in the rampage at Sandy Hook Elementary.

 

Malloy said in an address Saturday what's important right now is "love, courage and compassion."  After the shooting, Malloy went to a firehouse where victims' relatives gathered. He said "evil visited" the community.  He says since then love has "poured in from around the world."

On Air Now
Dave Rinelli
Local Headlines