Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!


Local Headlines

Monroe firefighters remind of proper fireplace ash disposal

Monroe Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire in the woods over the weekend caused by discarded fireplace ashes.  Fire official says this is the time of year to remember to properly handle disposing of fireplace or wood stove ashes.  They should be cool before disposal, but firefighters caution that they can stay hot for several days.  The ash should be placed in a covered metal container, doused with water, and not stored within 10ft of the house or other combustibles. Ashes should never be placed directly into the trash can.

On Air Now

Todd Schnitt

Local Headlines