Listeners Club

Forgot Password

Not a Member? Sign up here!


Local Headlines

Rare July chimney fire reported in Monroe

Passing drivers called in a rare 4th of July chimney fire in Monroe yesterday.  Flames and smoke were coming from the chimney on lower Fan Hill Road when firefighters arrived.  The resident was attempted to clean the flue when the fire started. There was no extension into the home but the flames were stubborn to extinguish due to a heavy creosote build up.  Firefighters from Monroe, Stepney Fire Department and Stevenson Volunteer Fire Company operated on scene and Monroe Volunteer Emergency Medical Service assessed crews due to the heat.  Monroe police had the road shut in both directions during the incident. No one was injured.

On Air Now

Rich Valdes

Local Headlines